Sunday, August 28, 2005

Trying to look at the world in a different way

I have been trying to look at the world in a new way! Some time ago I realized that I look at the world in a certain ways because that is the way I learned to look at the world and I acknowledged that a lot of my learning was deeply flawed. As well, I realized that I tend to see the world from the place where I am right at that moment rather than seeing the whole. For example, if the weather is lousy, I am late for an appointment and the dog has decided to throw up her dinner all over the carpet I generally feel that the life is not good and think of all the things that are also going wrong with the world at large. Global warming, the free trade dispute with the US, the war in Iraq and the high price of gas all become much larger problems in my life than they really are just because of the personal challenges that I am facing. Being a feeling person I also tend to see the world more from my inner perspective than what is really happening around me and I have discovered that there are days when I just don't feel up and happy and positive about the my life and the word in general. So from now on I will attempt to see the world from a healthier perspective no matter what I may be feeling at the time or what is happening in the world or my life at that moment. After all, what good does it do to lose faith and hope in people and life.
I promise myself to:
  • Try to see the whole picture. Afterall, if Lucy is still there giving me kisses and wagging her tail can it really be such a bad day.
  • Try to find beauty in different way. Not every day can be perfect, but every day can have some perfect moments. Sometimes the most violent rain storm produces the most beautiful rainbows.
  • Make the most out of the smallest things. Sometimes the greatest things in life are the littlest things. Morning dew on the grass, coffee with a friend, or a beautiful sunset can mean more than caviar and champagne.
  • Always give thanks for everything. It is not the problems we are dealt in life that define us, it is how we deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment