Thursday, June 29, 2006

Yeesss!


Wow - today I recieved my first Postcrossing postcard from the Netherlands! Actually it came from the province of Friesland. The card was sent by a woman named Tarla and she wrote this about Friesland "I'm very proud of my roots. We have our own languae and characters. We're very no-nonsense and staight-to-the-point people." She peaked my interest in her country and I set out to find out more about Friesland .
Friesland has been around for over 2000 years! The people of Friesland speak their own language (which is closely related to English)and it is famous for it's black and white Friesian cattle . I have seen many of these right here in the Fraser Valley and never knew where they came from or what the name referred to.
I love sending and receiving post cards from around the world. It allows me to learn about other people and their countries as well as let people know about me and where I live. I know exactly how Tarla feels when she says "she is proud of her roots". I was born and raised in this province and love to share it with others. Thanks so much Turla!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 AM

    wohoo!! so how is ur postcrossing going? i'm have a load of fun with it. :) anyway, just popped by to say hello to a fello postcrosser! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by - I too am having a great deal of fun with it!

    Catz

    ReplyDelete