Friday, September 29, 2006

The Picture I Didn't Get

It was another glorious day on the west coast. The sunshine has just kept on coming here this summer and it is so warm, that if the trees were not beginning to turn color, it would be difficult to believe that fall is here and we are almost into October. Today,with the weather being so good, I took Lucy to walk on the Fraser River. The Fraser is always alive with activity even on the dullest days, but today the tugs, like the one in the picture below, were very busy towing log booms and zipping up river to one task or another. As I meandered along, with sun warm on my back, I thought how unfortunate that I had not brought my camera, but consoled myself with the fact that I had taken many shots here over the summer and I doubted that I would get anything new today. I looked up at the clear blue sky and my jaw dropped! There before my eyes was a gorgeous eagle soaring so close I could clearly see his orangy yellow beak and his eyes shifting over the river looking for something to eat. He was magnificent as he glided smoothly past me over to the other side of the river. Once there he gracefully perched on a dead tree branch where, had I brought my camera, I would have had a clear view of him through my telescopic lens. I had to ask myself "Are you stupid?" and a little voice inside of me said Yup! Next time bring your camera dummy! Sadly I realized that even if I sat day and night on that river bank with my camera it was unlikely I would get a chance like this again - at least not this summer - maybe next year though!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Hello.nice to meet to you .
    My name is Chikashi Munakata in Japan.
    It is interesting blog.
    I am making a site introducing
    blogs of all over the world.

    If you can ,could I introduce your blog on my site?

    I hope many persons can get good informations on your site.

    info@tabigo.net
    http://tabigo.net/connections/t
    http://tabigo.net

    ReplyDelete