Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Remembering the Reason for the Season!

This
Christmas
end a quarrel.
Share a treasure.
Seek out a forgotten
friend. Write a love letter.
Dismiss suspicion and replace
it with trust. Give a soft answer.
Encourage youth. Manifest loyalty in
word and deed. Keep a promise. Find time.
Forego a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Listen.
Apologize if you were wrong. Try to understand.
Flout envy. Examine your demands on others. Think
first of someone else. Appreciate. Be kind. Be gentle.
Laugh a little. Laugh a little more. Learn to love yourself.
Take up arms against malice. Decry complacency. Express
gratitude. Go to church. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart
of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of each moment.

Speak your love.
Speak it again.

O N L Y L O V E
P R E V A I L S

I have no idea who wrote this , but every year I drag this out when things get hectic and crazy. I need to remind myself that there is a purpose in the season. Reading this always makes me stop and think about those around me. I hope that it does the same for some of you experiencing the same maddness that Christmas always seems to bring.
Remember to be good to yourself and stop and give a loved one a hug, say a kind word to a neighbor, remember a friend who is struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment