Friday, December 08, 2006

Ahh... a Morning to Myself!

Finally a morning to myself and Lucy of course. Today I was supposed to work work work till late tonight, but gratefully one of my clients canceled on me and I can't tell you how happy I am about that! I slept late. Too late for Lucy who decided to ring the bells to get me up at 8:30 am. I had a long hot bubble bath and I went for a long walk in the bog with Lucy.
Lucy and I have not been to the bog since we had the big snow! Wow - has mother nature ever shown her strength there! I counted at least 12 downed trees in just a few feet. Many thanks to the people who go down to the path along Davis creek and move them off the path otherwise we would not be able to walk down there this year. They tell me this is good for the bog... the trees rot and help keep the whole ecosystem going, but it is quite something to see all those trees down. I can't wait to venture farther into the bog and see what changes have occurred there.
The bog was a welcome stress reducer. The fresh air and musky smell of rotting wood and muddy water always help to put life in perspective for me. Some how it brings me back to nature, the earth and all the things that I find comforting. Sadly not much in the city holds an interest for me anymore. With Christmas and the new year almost upon me it is once again time to reassess my priorities. Of course, health, family (yes Lucy that includes you) and work top the list, however what else should I keep in my life next year and what should I lose?
Much to think about, but it will have to wait for a later time as work again calls me out the door. Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment