The Wisdom of Will Rogers
- Don't squat with your spurs on.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment
- If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there. (HeHe someone should have told this one to a few people who are on some volunteer boards I know about)
- If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
- After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him... The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
- Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
- There are three kinds of men: the one that learns by readin, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.