Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday Morning Wisdom According to Will Rogers

Well it IS Monday again isn't it. Why does the weekend seem to go so fast and the week days feel like they will never end?!?! This morning I really didn't feel like starting a new week, but if I must I thought I would try and find something amusing to get me through the day. So while reading a paper and downing my third cup of coffee to get me jump started for the day ( or should I say jolted?)I found these quotes from Will Rogers. He never made it past the tenth grade, but his wisdom shows that book larn'n isn't everything.

The Wisdom of Will Rogers
  • Don't squat with your spurs on.
  • Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment
  • If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there. (HeHe someone should have told this one to a few people who are on some volunteer boards I know about)
  • If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
  • After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him... The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
  • Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
  • If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
  • The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
  • There are three kinds of men: the one that learns by readin, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

1 comment:

  1. "Don't squat with your spurs on." That's the greatest quote ever. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete