Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Belonging to the Sisterhood

Today I found some time to play and with the help of Lorelei over at Musings I managed to figure out how to change my own blog template! Sheesh I am so proud of myself I feel just like I did in kindergarten when I learned how to tie my own shoes! And it was about as difficult too!
Today on Musings Lorelei was talking about all the different jobs she has done and what she is planning to do in the future. This got me thinking about the many jobs that women do and have done in this world. Today we theoretically can do almost anything we want. Things like building trades and steel work are readily open to women who want to take it up. While I was thinking about all of this I happened to visit Sheena Wilkie's blogsite. Sheena is a professional photographer in my area and often does videos and pictures that centre around women. I found a video, that she has created, on her site all about women's work. It is beautiful and many of the women in it are known to me. It made me realize how important it is for women to be part of the sisterhood. To stand up for and support each other in order to bring equality and justice for women not just in North America , but around the world.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful, and I love Enya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Enya as well. Something more we have in common Lorelei besides our birth date!

    ReplyDelete