Sunday, January 10, 2010

Drizzle


Lucy and I have been walking in the drizzle down by the lake for most of the week. Lucy, like me, does not really like being out in the rain all that much however it is a fact of life we take for granted if we want to live on the lower mainland of British Columbia. Because Lucy and I are out so much in it Fred got me a really good water proof jacket and two pairs of water proof walking boots/shoes. I am usually warm and dry for the most part. Lucy however much shake violently every now and then to stay reasonably comfortable.
Last year at this time it was a very different scene here. There was snow and ice most days through January. I thought it was never going to end.While I did not like it I loved some of the beauty it brought. Trees covered in snow and icicles hanging from roof tops.
This morning as I was going through my pictures I came across this one that I took just a couple of days ago and I realized that every season seems to bring it's very own beauty.  I never really think that it is beautiful out when I am walking in the rain, but when I look back over some of my pictures I realize just how gorgeous even the drizzle can be when mother nature creates it.

Today as I run off to give a workshop I am wishing I had more time today to walk in the drizzle with Lucy and just enjoy the beauty. Where ever you are today I hope that you can get out and enjoy the beauty of the day.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    I don't like the rain. Never did, don't now and probably never will. I often wonder why since it's only water.

    I'd like to believe that "every season seems to bring its very own beauty" but I sometimes find that a thought that's hard to hold. There are some days that are decidedly ugly no matter how euphoric one may be feeling.

    I like sun and gentle warmth. Snow belongs on Christmas cards and rain belongs... somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember experiencing rain while it was sunny out for the first time ever when I was in Hawaii. I thought that was the most beautiful thing ever. Your drizzle is quite beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were on Vancouver Island the last week of December. We saw the sun only once--but we have some stunning photographs of misty, grey harbours and fog-shrouded mountains! I love BC, rain and all!


    Enwreathed in yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photographs are always so lovely, well composed and interesting. This one is so serene, with a hint of magic and mystery trembling on the tips of the branches and peeking from the mist. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:06 PM

    I have never minded the rain; guess I have fond memories of playing in the rain as a child. :)
    Nice blog, thank you for sharing.
    Greetings from Montreal.

    Wren
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/Journey_Back_in_Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very nice photo!
    I like the rain unless it's terribly windy and cold. Then it's no fun at all.

    Rupert really does not like the rain. Lucy is a good sport.

    ReplyDelete