Thursday, September 27, 2007

Harry Potter

I am almost finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I have been so reluctant to finish it knowing it is the last. The only thing that sustains me is the fact that J.K. Rowling is writing a new novel and maybe it will be as good or with luck better than Harry Potter. Although I can't imagine how. In the meantime I read one page at a time savoring them and reluctant to give up Hagrid, Hermione, Ron, Dumbledore & Harry for good. People,I have discovered, either love Harry Potter books or they hate them. Some dislike them for religious reasons and others just find them of no interest, but fortunately for kids in this world Rowling came along and inspired a whole generation to get reading at time when kids had been stagnating in front of the TV or computer screen. Rowling managed to spark the imagination and build a fire for reading inside young and old alike.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the movies, but for some reason I could never get through a book -- and this is coming from someone who loves to read! That's good that you're taking your time and milking it for all it's worth. Enjoy your reading time.

    ReplyDelete