Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Looking for My Retirement Tent

I haven't been back a week and I am rushed off my feet. I decided that I really hate having to get up early in the morning, but usually I love to wake up early in the morning. I hope that makes sense to every one. I mean there is such a big difference in waking up at six am in a beautiful location to listen to the birds and watch the sun rise. Here, at home, the birds sing, but you are hard pressed to hear them over the screech of brakes going down the hill a block over. I have decided that I am going to start looking seriously for that place in the country. Today I don't even care if that is a tent in the woods as long as I don't have to live in the city any more.
On the up side- the weather here has been beautiful. Very warm for this time of year and I hope that it lasts for a couple more weeks.
In between being busy I have almost finished uploading my pictures and cleaning them up. I will have them up by the end of the weekend. I sit and look at them every now and then so I can remember how relaxed and happy I was there. It motivates me to change my life. However, I have to admit that I agreed to take on a project for another constituency starting this weekend. I am so ashamed of myself.
What on earth made me say yes?!?! Especially as it means that I will end up working almost all weekend!!! Stupid!

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself, you must get some enjoyment out of it or you wouldn't say yes! :) Focus on the enjoyment part. I would say let's trade: I'll take your city place and you can have my country one, but I guess technically we're not really in the country since we have a CVS and a McDonalds and Dominos and a Subway. That's too civilized for the country, and yet? it feels like the boonies to me. Have fun looking for your country tent!

    ReplyDelete