Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Golden Sunset Over Vancouver

I don't go into the city very often anymore. In fact I avoid it most of the time. Too crowded and too noisy. I really hate all the noise, but sometimes it works out that there is something happening that takes me there. Last night my daughter asked me to meet her down on Granville Street for dinner. She took me to a really neat Korean Barbeque place where they have the barbeque in the middle of your table. Turns out it is more fun to grill your own food in their restaurant than it is at home.
After dinner while my daughter attended to an appointment I walked part way across the Granville street bridge to take in the evening sunset. It was quite unique. The sky was stormy and there was a cold wind blowing, but on the west side the sun was setting, and on the east side there was just enough sun to give a golden hue to the buildings and boats in False Creek
The city had begun to slow for the evening so the noise was not too bad and the view certainly made up for it. Even the seagulls were enjoying the sunset as they settled on the roof tops for the night.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful city. I do not like the noise of the city either. I'm glad you had a nice evening out! I am working on responding to your email... Hubby's bday party is this weekend and his family are on their way down! I've been cleaning and cleaning and haven't had time for much of anything. :( I have not forgotten about you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning!! Yikes you just moved in how dirty can it get?? *lol* I think cleaning should be done twice a year at best. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't matter... She "cleaned" my "dirty" house anyway, even though we had already cleaned. Oh, and she also redecorated. Mother-in-laws are great. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... you've got a really good eye for photos. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Drowsey - it is just something I love to do. I am hoping to get that city one transfered to canvas.

    ReplyDelete