Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hats, Boots, Ear Warmers!

Hurray! Those dark dreary days of winter have begun to dissipate and I am getting a bit of my energy back. I wish someone could tell me why those long dark days are such an energy drain. I find that even when I get lots of sleep and relaxation I never quite feel as though I am rested. I dislike those days immensely and I am sure that Lucy really hates them as she gets short changed on her walks. However this past week she has been in great luck as we have had sunshine and lots of it! It was accompanied by cold temperatures, -5 some mornings- and heavy frost, but it meant that many days after work it was sunny enough and light enough to get Lucy out for a late afternoon walk in the bog!
The sunshine has also given me a little bit of an energy boost and I have been frantically trying to get my work caught up and my packing done for our Montreal trip. The packing has turned into a bit of dilemma as the weather is pretty brutal back there right now with temperatures of -21 and snowing! Makes me cold just writing about it.
I finally agreed that snow boots were necessary and after much shopping for a pair that I could live with (why don't they make sexy snow boots!) and didn't cost a weeks pay I finally found some nice warm not too ugly boots. As well, I have a down coat, hat, ear warmers and super lined leather gloves.

Now if someone could just explain to Lucy that I am going to be away for a whole week without her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment