Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wisdom according to Jones Cola...

Your life will be full of true friendships.
Tonight I am at my friend's house looking after her dogs and cat and birds and hoping that all is well with her and thinking about some of my friends who I have not seen in a long time.
The couple in the picture are two of my very best friends. I met them shortly after they arrived from China along with their young daughter. This picture says everything about them and the happiness they always bring with them. I think they are two of the most optimistic and hard working people I have ever met. They always have a smile and a kind word for others and even more so for their friends. I have never been to their house that they have not offered me something to eat or drink and if I needed anything they were always the first to offer their support to me. Right now they are living in someone's spare bedroom waiting for their new townhouse to be built. They are very stressed as the builder is four months behind and doesn't care. I feel bad for them and they are taking it with a smile and making Chinese food every night for their host. I have learned that language and cultural barriers can be over come in friendships and I have felt the rewards that come with over coming these barriers. I have been able to learn so much from them about their country and the view points they bring with them to this country. They are both Canadian citizens now and even though part of them will always be with their other friends and family in China I know that they are dedicated to this country and this new family and friends they have made here. Despite the fact that I feel they have given me far more than I have ever given them I hope that they will always know that I love them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment