Monday, July 23, 2007

Singing My Own Song

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer a bird sings because it has a song. "
Maya Angelou

"The woods would be silent if only the song birds sang."
Unknown

Today has been a long, sad, tiring day for me and these two quotes just seemed to bounce around in my head.
You ever get that? ... just out of no where something keeps banging around in there.
Maybe I just need to sing my own song no matter what it sounds like to anyone else. And maybe I just need to sing it because it is me and what is inside of me?
After all do the chickadees really like the song the blue bird sings or do they just put up with each other out of respect? And when all that chirping and squawking is going on as the sun rises in the morning are they giving each other some deep and profound advice or are they just telling the world who they are and what is inside of them?

1 comment:

  1. I think what they're saying is, "Hey you! Over there! Bring me a worm!" Those are bully birds. ;-)

    I'm sorry you're having a down day! I will be thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete